A small homelike center for your child to learn and grow
Each child is unique and deserves to cared for in a warm, safe and caring environment. A place where staff care about each child. A place where children can nurture their natural curiosity.
While 2’s are still considered toddlers they are also preparing to enter school and have many things to learn. Because of children’s growing desire to be independent, this stage is often called the “terrible twos.” However, this can be an exciting time everyone. Toddlers will experience huge thinking, learning, social, and emotional changes that will help them to explore their new world, and make sense of it
While there are a variety of learning activities through out each day here are just a few examples.
● Provide language through reading, labeling objects and talking with the children through out the day
● Playing active games with them like running, jumping and climbing. It gives them a taste for activity and help develop their motor skills
● Giving them time to play as is the main way children learn . We can fire up their child's imagination by playing pretend games with their dolls and cuddly toys.
● Listening to the children, getting down on their level and talk eye to eye, listening to what they are saying (even when we can’t understand it)
● Providing potty training opportunities when your child is ready
● Provide opportunities to m make friends, learn to share and work on coping skills
This is just a short list of learning opportunities our teachers provide each day.
Our teachers work with the parents to help the children learn the skills they need. As they are prone to mood swings and can not yet control their emotions. Working together helps keep staff and parents from frustration. Communication with parents is an important part of our program. We communicate with parents at drop off and pick up, through our parent portal at kid reports, email and phone calls.
We believe a great start to life will instill a love of learning and children who are capable of moving forward with confidence in themselves and trust in those around them.